Mar 19, 2009

Spring Break

It was Spring Break this week here in St. George. So far it has been a lot of fun. On Tuesday Chris, me, and some of our friends went to the Grand Canyon. I thought we were going to Lee's Ferry but Chris took us to another part of the Grand Canyon. Im not going to lie I was very disappointed when I found out it was in the middle of no where and there weren't any bathrooms... We drove for 2 1/2 hours on a bumpy dirt rode. Oh well it turned out to be a good thing. When we got there we noticed that a family was stranded out there, they had blown a tire. We asked if they needed some help but they said no. Anyways we went and had lunch and played some football and they came and asked if we could help. So we piled all four of us in the front of the truck and all six of them in the back. We were a little squished, but it was okay. Im glad we went that day or that little family would have been stranded there for who knows how long. All in all it turned out to be a good trip even though there weren't any bathrooms. The Grand Canyon is absolutely beautiful though.



When we got home from the Grand Canyon Chris was invited to go play softball with his cousin. He was really excited because he had hit a home run the week before. The game started out bad, they almost had to forfeit because there weren't enough girls to play. However, they were able to find someone and started the game. Chris doesn't think he did well and he beat himself up all night afterwards but I think he did fine. They didn't end up winning but I enjoyed watching.




Since it's Spring Break I had an entire day off yesterday, the first time in what seems like forever. I decided that I should be a nice wife and make chris some dinner. If anyone knows me they know that I can't cook, but I gave it a try and it actually turned out to be amazing! The food was really good. I made Aloha Chicken, Banana Bread, and Broccoli Salad. So Yummy. I got really excited and I made myself a cookbook. It turned out really cute. Hopefully I can fill it up with some good recipes.

ALOHA CHICKEN

Ingredients:


4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 cans (8 ounces each) unsweetened pineapple chunks
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce or reduced-sodium soy sauce
1/8 teaspoon pepper
Hot cooked rice

Directions:
Flatten the chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken and toss to coat. In a large skillet, brown chicken over medium heat in oil for 3-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice. (Discard remaining juice or save for another use.) In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and reserved juice until smooth. Gradually add to skillet. stir in the honey, teriyaki sauce and pepper. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 30 seconds or until thickened. Add pineapple and chicken; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment