Mar 12, 2009

Sewing

Chris bought me a sewing machine for Christmas this year. I begged him forever to get me one and for some reason he just didn't want to. Eventually he caved and suprised me with one for Christmas, and I love it. The other day I found the cutest pattern for head bands at http://www.heatherbailey.typepad.com/ and I made a few of them. They turned out so good and I love to wear them, but Chris informed me that even though they are cute I can't wear them everyday. They have elastic in the back so the fit your head but then there are also ties over the elastic to make them so much cuter. Since I have a sewing machine now I signed up for a sewing class this semester so that I can actually learn how to sew. I have really enjoyed the class. So far I have made a pillowcase, an apron, and a purse. As long as you don't look to closely at them they look really good, but if you get up close you can see all of the mistakes that I made. Oops, oh well im still a beginner. My favorite thing to make is the pillowcases. They all turned out so good and are so much fun to make. I made this cowboy one because the material was just too cute and I couldn't pass it up. I don't know what ill do with it though, it doesn't match anything in my house. My purse that I made is on the corner of the pillowcase. That one didn't turn out so well. I probably won't ever use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment