Aug 7, 2014

Hungary Day 2

On our second day in Hungary Chris wanted to visit the first city he served in which is called Erd. It was about 15-20 min. south of Budapest. So we hopped on a train and headed to Erd. Chris told me Erd had the bed Gyros he had his entire mission and that we had to stop and get one. When we got there the little Gyros shop that he went to had been closed down. There wasn't much else to do in Erd so we just walked around a bit and headed back to the train. On the way back we noticed another Gyro shop just across the street from the closed down one and decided to stop in. Turns out it was the same people that owned the original Gyros shop and they had just moved. Chris was so excited and said it tasted just as good as he remembers. The people who owned the shop even remembered him when he was a missionary. It was pretty cool. When we got back to Budapest we went to a large park in the middle of the city and came across a beautiful old castle on a lake. We tried to go in the castle but they were a museum and had closed for the day. Next we headed over to hero square. They have statues of all of their leaders dating back to like the 1200's. We then went to the thermal baths which is a big thing in Hungary for people to go to these baths that are like swimming pools but they have healing minerals or something like that in the water. I wanted to get in but we never made it back with our swimming suits. I think I read that it was bult in the early 1900's. Next we found a mall and drank chocolate out of a bag like to locals and then went to dinner with a girl Chris knew from his mission.



One of the four train stations in Budapest. 



Riding the train on our way to Erd. This was one of the nicest trains we rode on, the rest were all pretty ghetto.



Chris digging into the best Gyro ever. I didn't try one because I wasn't hungry, but I wish I would have.


The beautiful castle in the middle of the park.








My pictures are a little out of order but this was back in Erd, we found an LDS church!


Erd again, funny little people made of hay


back to the castle







A boat house outside of the castle


Heroes square


Heroes square


The bath house



This is called Fornetti. It was in all of the subways. We got pastries here every morning for ridiculousy cheap and they were amazing. Just looking at these pictures makes me want one. They also sold yogurt that you drank and it was also amazing.



This is one of Chris's old apartments


Drinking chocolate milk out of a bag. It was really chocolatey, way more so than Amarican chocolate milk


At dinner that night eating Hungarian Goulash


This is my dinner, it is Venison and it was very good but soooo much food


Chris's dinner, I have no idea what it is


Chris and I at dinner.



1 comment:

  1. You look gorgeous girl! Love, love these posts...keep more coming!! We need to chit chat soon. Missin' your sweet face!

    ReplyDelete