So first off we got our AC fixed after a week of living in the heat. We could not get a hold of our landlords all week, thank goodness I work with their daughter and she was able to call them for me. Our house was literally hotter than it was outside, and outside it was over a hundred. Halfway through the week we broke down and bought a cooler for our bedroom because it was too hot to sleep, but the rest of the house was hotter than hades.
Yesterday I drove over to Pine Lake with my dad and my brother for a family reunion. We spent the day there and left around 8:00. So we get out on Highway 89 (I think) and my car stops accelerating. My dad was driving and he was flooring it and the car would not go above 40. He pulled off to the side of the road so we could figure out what was going on. The bad thing about this part of Utah is cell phone service is scarce. Luckily the place we pulled off at had service. So I call Chris so that he could tell us what was happening ( he used to be a mechanic) but he didn't know what was going on. He was in St. George and as soon as I said we were stuck on the side of the road he got up to come find us. What a great husband I have :)! Anyways, my mom was behind us a little ways so we were able to call her to come get us. By this time it is dark out and we still don't know why my car wont accelerate. Chris called and told us to go get some Automatic Transmission Fluid because we checked and it was basically dry. Now this was difficult because the closest town to us was Panguitch, not so many stores open late on a Saturday night. Well they get back with the Fluid and we put it in and still nothing but now the engine is smoking! We didn't know what else to do so I called the insurance company to make sure I had roadside assistance and I did so they proceeded to find a tow truck. Just our luck there weren't any willing to come get us that late, it was around midnight now. So we left it out in the middle of nowhere for the night. This morning Chris and I drove back over the mountain and the insurance was able to find a tow truck for us, they brought it back to my parents house and Chris was able to take a good look at it. Well much to our suprise the car starts and accelerates without a problem! How crazy is that? The night before it wouldn't even budge. So we were able to take it on the freeway and make it home without any problems. Im so grateful however that my family was with me last night, I don't know what I would have done had I been alone. Scary!
Back to School
2 years ago

Ok! Wow! Our car just started doing the same thing! Nate used to be a mechanic as well and he has been looking at it but we cant figure out what it is! Its still not working! Aghhh! Im glad everything worked for you guys though.
ReplyDelete