Jul 16, 2009

One whole year!

I always like to write these stories so that I can remember them. Sadly I don't have any pictures of the day which was stupid of me but oh well. It was one year ago today that Chris asked me to marry him. I had no idea that he was gonna do it that day, he had told me that he couldn't get the ring yet so I was going to have to wait awhile. I guess he went to the mall that morning to get the ring and I was at the mall too with Brianne. Luckily I never saw him, but he saw me haha. Later that night he took me up to Veyo to his parents house and while we were there his little brother told me that Chris got me a ring. So I was sitting there trying to get him to tell me if Chris was going to ask me to marry him...he didn't know. So Chris and I went out to Baker and went fishing. We were crammed on this little raft out in the middle of the lake at sunset, it was really pretty. He had packed us a lunch and I was hungry and ate all of mine but he never even touched his so I knew something was up. Then he pulled a ring pop out of the lunch box and I thought to myself "dang it that must be the ring his brother was talking about". I was so disapointed. So Chris told me to turn my head and close my eyes and he would put the ring pop on haha so I did very skeptically. He put a ring on for sure but it wasn't the ring pop :) However, he almost forgot to ask me to marry him. He put the ring on and then just leaned back haha. I asked him if he was forgetting something and he was all embarrased, but then he asked me. So that is how we got engaged, funny little story. I can't believe it has been a year, it's gone so fast.

1 comment:

  1. Haha! That is so funny. Love that story! How fun!!! I was cracking up at the end!

    ReplyDelete